An overdraft occurs when you don't have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account, called "Courtesy Pay"
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which are at no cost to you as long as there is enough money in the linked account to cover the entire purchase. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices, or Courtesy Pay.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Recurring debit card transactions
Unless we hear from you that you'd like to maintain your Courtesy Pay benefits, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for everyday debit card transactions.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we'll always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if SCE FCU pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $26 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is a 4 per day limit on the above fee we can charge you for overdrawing your account
What if I do not want SCE FCU to authorize and pay overdrafts on my everyday debit card transactions?
If you change your mind, you can call us toll-free at 800.866.6474 and we will update your account.